I have a crush on my ex's best friend. What do I do?

My most recent ex just broke up with me about a week ago. I thought it was gonna take a lot of time to get over him since I really liked him when we were going out. After he broke up with me, I realized how much of a jerk he actually was to me and my friends. Now, his best friend is really cute and funny. Lets call him John. OK, so John recently just got broken up with by my friend. Now john is always talking to me and sometimes it seems as if he's flirting, but I can't tell. My friend told me that john liked me before, but that was before he went out with her. Since he is my ex's best friend, and one of my best friends ex, I don't know what to do. Please help.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I have had personal experience with this one. I had an ex break up with me and it wasn't until a few weeks after that that I realized that I really liked his best friend. As it turns out, his friend like me as well. So I decided to go for it and now I have never been happier and I now have a boyfriend of four months that actually cares about me and is nice to my friends. So in all, I think that if you like this guy, go for it. You never know what will happen.

• Ok, thanks a lot. that makes me feel a lot better knowing that it worked out for you when you were in the same type of situation.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Okay.. figure out if YOUR friend is ok with it because friends are more important than boys! then talk to "John" and see if he really does like you! if he does then have him talk to your ex about it if your ex has a problem with it and "John" doesn't want to ruin there friendship then move on but if "John" wants to take a chance then go head! and if you don't want to start sh*t with your ex because you want to be friends talk to him about it! exentually the right thing to do will be right infront of your eyes!

• Go for it. Life is short, real connections are rare, and it's up to him to decide if dating you is a problem or not.