Do I forgive him?

My boyfriend of 2 years told me he slept with his ex wife on three separate occasions within our two months of dating. He said he stopped it all when "he knew it was serious with me". He wanted to come clean now because he wants to be honest, since "he wants to spend the rest of his life with me" do I forgive him

136

Most Helpful Girl

• This, I think, is a particularly fuzzy situation. Like others have said, this happened two years ago. He didn't have to tell you, but he did. I mean... if he had never told you, things between you would be exactly the same. I think that the fact he did tell you is impressive and says something about his level of commitment to you. Obviously he was feeling guilty about his actions of two years ago, and despite the fact that you two were happy, he felt guilty enough that he needed to tell you, even if it meant an unhappy time in your relationship.

I'm not sure how I would feel were I in your shoes. Your boyfriend is probably/possibly a very different person than what he was two years ago. Only you know what he is really like, I can only guess, but I would say that this is not something that should ruin your relationship!

An ex-wife is a different situation from an ex-girlfriend I think. Two people vowing to spend the rest of their lives together, share the same name, etc... and I'm sure that divorce, even if both parties were unhappy with the other, is extremely hard and emotional. Even if you no longer love the person, they've still been a huge part of your life for many years. I'm not saying it's right, but I think that his actions are somewhat understandable. If you two were casual for those first few months... obviously cheating is wrong, but very situation is different!

It's really up to you to decide what to do, but personally I don't think you should let something that happened 2 years ago dictate how you live your life now. I don't think you need to do things to "make him prove himself" especially if he only did it during those first two months. Discuss it, forgive, and move past it. It does NO good to linger in the past because we can do nothing to change it, no matter how hard we may want to!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE