Why am I obsessed with his ex?

I've been going out with my boyfriend for about 8 months now, he is my first serious boyfriend, and I love him very much, and I know he loves me.

I just seem to be obsessed with his ex girlfriends, one in particular, he went out with her for 3 years, even though they don't talk often anymore, they're still friends.

People always go on about how pretty she is, and it just makes me wonder why he'd leave such a "pretty"girl for plain old me.

It really annoys me to think about her, and them all the time. I just want to stop! I'm not usually a jealous person.

He doesn't know about this

Any advice?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• You are threatend by the relationship and the mental attraction that still exists between them becasue they are still friends...

Advice... if you get married to him would you still be ok with them being friends or would you expect him to stop seeing her?

What Guys Said 1

• well the answer is plain and simple...if he keeps talking about her in your company or is constantly comparing you to her,then there is a problem in your relationship.But if you feel he loves you a lot and is completely commited to you...then you have no reason to fear or be jealous.

all d best!

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with frost, if he's constantly comparing you to her then there is a problem. IF everyone else is comparing the two of you... Just stop them and say that they shouldn't try comparing the two of you because you're two totally different people. And just because someone is pretty, its not the only reason to stay in a relationship. Your boyfriend moved on for a reason and he's with you now, not her and I bet there's no way that he thinks you're "plain".

• I think its because women have the feeling that his natural attraction for her might come back. We don't wanna lose what y'all have together. Your scared you lose him. And it would hurt more if it was a ex because she was in his life before you and you don't wanna feel like a home wrecker.