Should I be okay with my best friend and ex boyfriend possibly dating?

My ex and I dated for 5 months and I thought we were both extrremely happy. We were best friends for 2 years and I didn't want to go out at first because I didn't want to ruin our friendship but we still flirted and "touched" each other. He always used to play around with my best friend grabbing her butt and 'accidently' touching her boobs but we weren't together at the time. I left and we were having a long distance relationship and he said that it doesn't matter how far apart we are as long as we love each other. But he broke up with me because long distance relationships we'ren't his thing anymore and a week later he told my best friend he loves her and asked her to keep it secret but she still told me. She claims not to love him and that she doesn't want to go out with him but I don't believe her and he has stopped talking to me and my friends told me that he's saying that he never loved me and stuff. But I want to ask him for the real reason he broke up with me, should I? my friend believes I should never talk to him. What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes but if you aren't ok with it cut them out your life.

• Honestly you have no choice but to let it go, because whether or not they date is not up to you. As for asking why he dumped you, you could try, I wouldn't object to that. Most likely though it's because he hooked up w the other girl, who is an idiot if she's quick to believe that he loves her. I honestly don't think he loved you, men don't jump into something that quick. It took me maybe 6 months to tell a girl I loved her. I think he was playing the both of you, you just happen to give in first. I'm sure you may have already slept w him as well, if you didn't then that may be pet of the reason he moved on to your bestie cause she was willing to give it up. Chances are she already like him as well to be letting him grab her T & A. If you want closure then yes I'd ask, he may not respond though or he may give you a false answer as to why. Someone once told me before, worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, what's the point, it gets you no where. I'd consider letting it go mama, it's only going to stress you out, possibly affecting other potential relationships. The hardest thing a person can do in life is to forgive, but if you can then you're that much better off, free of him controlling you mentally because you're always concerned about him. Mentally if you can stop being slaves to others you'll be fine. Think about it.

What Girls Said 1

• No, you should not be okay with this situation. She is not true friend that you can rely on if she chooses to embrace a situation that will ultimately dump salt into your wounds. If your friend decides to date your ex, then sever the friendship.