Should I send my ex flowers?

so my ex and I were engaged and she got all anxious and nervous (about marriage and moving to my town) ... we were together 3 years and it was great.

so it ended about a month ago. I want her back but am not sure what to do. she wanted "space" ... and basically cut off communication. I can't call her (don't have new #).

i sent her a handwritten letter which she'll probably receive tomorrow basically just reminding her that I care and encouraging her to call me so we can talk.

over the past few weeks she had been calling me and hanging up. I know because last week I busted her on it (called me from a blocked line ... and when no one said anything when I answered, I said her name and like magic she said "yes it's me" ... then she flipped out again and made some noise over me contacting her friends which is not true, I think she just wanted an excuse to call me).

so anyway, I sent her a letter which she'll get tomorrow. should I tag team it with flowers? I used to send her flowers at random times, just 'cause. if I send flowers maybe just a single rose versus a dozen? or are flowers just a bad idea?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should let the letter stand on it's own...It will have more impact...

What Girls Said 2

• Flowers sound sweet, but you don't want her to feel like you're pressuring her or anything so, if you really feel the need to send flowers...I would probably just send one. While I do find it strange that she's broken down communication with you, even going so far as changing her number...if she's been trying to keep tabs on you the way you say by calling and hanging up, it's obvious that she still has some feelings for you. I think you really do need to try to have a sit down with her to determine whether or not it's really over. A month should be enough time to work out some of those anxious feelings enough to see if she still has some feelings for you. You seem like you still really care about this girl, so maybe say that you are still interested in being with her and that if she's not ready for marriage right now that's okay, but you need to know if she's still interested in a relationship at all. Tell her that you respect her for having the guts to tell you that she felt overwhelmed and needed space, but that it's unfair to leave you longing for a relationship that may never pick back up again. Ask her what her intentions are and if she still has feelings for you. You really need to get a dialogue going again to determine your next step. If she's still dragging her feet and not wanting to give you an answer at all after a month then maybe it is time to consider moving on.

• I would deffo send the flowers! but yeah probably just one.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm thinking flowers are a bad idea; you want your letter to look sincere and let your words and emotions do the work, the flower is just decor. The only way a flower would work is if there was a sacred one between you too, like say the first flower given or the flowers at your wedding, but otherwise I'm going to say "don't".