Should I keep trying or let things go?

Okay it is a long story, but in a nutshell...I was recently banned from another question and answer site whom I had been a member of for over a year. I made a fool of myself and created over 60 fake profiles harassing other members whom I wished to befriend. I know it all sounds so crazy but I thought if they were be harassed and I stepped in to defend them not only would they think higher of me but that it would also give us something to talk about. I said some very very vile and despicable things under these fake profiles and customer service ended up matching the the IP address of my main profiles to the others. My IP was banned, I was outed to the whole site, everyone from there literally thinks I am crazy and a liar and never wish to speak to me again. I tried apologizing but people wouldn’t even give me the time of the day. I ended up losing people I considered good friends and to make things worse I betrayed a guy I consider my best friend. He still doesn’t wish to speak to me because I lied to him about making the fake profiles several times and he was a moderator and backed me up, only compromising his position when customer service told him to ban any sign of me but he kept letting me go. I then made more trouble by going through a proxy server so they couldn’t identify my IP and trying to be a member on the site again. Customer service and another moderator who has an extreme dislike of me for several reasons repeatedly pulled any profile that even seemed like me as well. So now no one of there wishes to speak to me, I made a horrible mess of things, and they think I am some sicko because of the things I said under the fake profiles. I didn’t mean a word of it and never in a million years did it even cross my mind that I would actually get caught. So I guess my question is should I keep trying to apologize and get those friends back or just see it as something I totally messed up and move on? I really wish to receive their forgiveness but I mean do I really deserve it? Don’t worry I learned my lesson, I will never troll a site again.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• They are not your real friends.

There is something about not being in close proximity with a person that allows us to dehumanize them to ourselves if they become friendly.

I do not think of anyone here as actual people I know, why? Because I don't know you, I have never seen you, and never will. I don't actually care about anyone on here because you are faceless people. I don't know you. Never will.

Not that I don't want to, but you have to be a special person for me to get to know you better. Or to even entertain the idea of becoming more than faceless people means they have to be REALLY REALLY special.

These people will not care about you as much as real people will. Go find people near you to be friends with. Much better relationships.

What Guys Said 2

• you should move on, forgiveness is something someone gives not only to make someone else feel better but to let bad feelings from their heart, if you have done everything you can to get things right and they refuse to forgive you there is nothing more you can do, move on and get new friends

• Why did you go through all that trouble of making new accounts just to bitch about people over the internet? Lol find something better to do with your time

What Girls Said 1

• You can't make people forgive you.. no matter how much you apologize its not going to help your situation.. and as far as your friendship goes... you might as well let it go.. I mean all they see you as is some chick who was on the internet. Move on with your life.. there is a world outside the computer.. make real friends and for all you know those people on the internet could have been lying about all their information too.. no one is who you think they are on the internet.. the internet gives people an escape route from their own dull lives.. You should seriously consider staying away from the community websites for a while.. except this one because your causing no harm asking questions...