Would you talk to your ex after they were cruel to you after they dumped you?

Anonymous
My ex wants to chat, but it's half hearted nonsense messages 2 years after dumping me. He done things that were borderline evil to me and to this day picking my self esteem up from the gutter. Now he wants to chat I've only replied to one message of hi, he asked how I was but I never replied and don't think I ever will. I've shut communication off now by deleting the messenger app on my phone.
He apologised before but in my life I think actions speak louder than words and to be truly sorry would never be to contact me again, right?
I begged for months to him after he dumped me and it was abuse and nastiness from his end until he shut me off and blocked me, I moved on! now for the year I've been out his life he thinks he can come back.. I'm no mug I have no trouble cutting people from my life who have hurt and abused me- my dad for example.
What irks me is that he doesn't really understand how much he hurt me, but by ignoring these pointless messages he sends is that sending the message across that I don't want him back in my life? As if he cares how I am lol, after the stuff he done he should be ashamed of ever contacting me again. complete nerve of him!

has anyone experienced this before? Share your story and what you done to make a point to someone that hurt you.
1
3