My ex boyfriend dumped me, but he keeps talking shit about me to his friends. What does he want from me?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I fell for each other the moment we met on the first day of school. We talked for a month, and we knew that we were ready for a relationship. When we started dating, everything was magical like you would see in movies. Late night walks after his lacrosse game, calls that lasted all night, cuddling and watching movies, and singing duets over the phone. Over winter break, he had to go to Florida for about a month, and he was busy at Florida. I guess it was that I kind of bothered him, but I was going through a hard time, and he constantly asked me to depend on him emotionally so I did. When he came back from Florida, he dumped me just saying that "we are too different." I didn't show that I was depressed or anything when we returned to school, and I heard from his friends that he was really frustrated. They told me he avoided questions, got angry easily, didn't laugh or smile at all. It's been about 4 months since we broke up, and I still hear that he calls me the devil and other things I don't want to talk about. I don't know what he's feeling and what he wants from me. What is going on in his mind?
1
1