How to convince your parents to divorce?

Anonymous
It's just broken. My dad said he stayed for me and my brother. The fighting has been going on since I was little. He said he stayed because when the kids are young the mother almost always gets them. Now he's trapped financially because he'll have to pay for her if they divorce since she barely has a job.
i just hate that he isn't happy but has to stay for us. I'm old enough to choose custody and I'd choose my dad. I trust him and my mom broke the trust she once had.
its hurting me for them to be together. I cry all the time. The littles thing or just from frustration. I don't know what's wrong. It's just all the tension and it's bad enough school is horrible but then I come home to just more and more TENSION and everyone pretending everything's fine.
"it's just a rough patch" she says. It's been a "rough patch" for years and years.
they think I don't understand but I do. It makes me worry for my future life, how can I know love if my parents aren't even in love?
i just feel like everything would be better if they split up. It would be better for all of us.
1
1