I still can't get over an old friend but I didn't even date her... How do I Erase her from my memory?

Anonymous
Long Story short
During my senior year in HS I finally told my friend (T) I had feelings for her I had a crush on her since the first day I saw her freshman year but we didn't really talk plus she was dating someone since middle school already. However, throught HS we were cool talk & joke on a friendly basis but never really close until senior yr she finally got her first phone & gave me her # we began to talk all day everyday about life school etc. About a month and a half of us talking everyday I just told her I liked her no big deal but she had the same boyfriend we agreed to just be friends it was more of me just finally letting it out we still talked everyday as time passes she would be on & off with her boyfriend including a week before Valentine's day I got her something just to see her happy. We continued to talk everyday for about a year & well I got attached exchanging personal stories and really just caring for her to want her to Suceed & show off her full potential my feelings never went away even 2 years removed from HS I still have feelings for her we stop speaking a couple of months ago were on good terms she's in a new relationship & I wanna be respectful but in my mind I'm still really hurt I can honestly say I was in love for the 4 years I knew her I wanted nothing but for her to be happy doing whatever it took to achieve that she tells me she's very grateful for having me in her life but she doesn't feel the same I don't hate her or regret doing anything I did for her it just makes me feel like somethings wrong with me that she didn't feel the same I don't know what I'm looking for by writing this but I just need some guidance something I forget about her talk to other females involved in other activities but it's like a part of me is gone. I have moved on I don't see a relationship with her but I don't know I still have weird dreams seeing her or she just pops up in my mind I still care for her and I don't know if that will go away
Thanks for reading my long Story lol
1
1