Unloyal boyfriend and how to deal?

So I just found out that my ex boyfriend (we had a mutual break up about 2 months ago bc we go to different schools and school is really hectic) had been cheating on me the entire time... I had a lot of respect for the guy. And now I feel so stupid. The girl he'd been cheating on me with (and is currently dating) was his good friend and classmate. I met her once and she was sorta my friend. Now I know that all of his study sessions with her had little to do with actual studying. He was my first boyfriend and we went through a lot together. I don't want to be petty, but that's all my brain can think of. Just a million ways to get back at him. What should I do? How should I be feeling? I don't have any romantic feelings toward him anymore, I'm just really hurt by this and don't know how to function.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's perfectly natural for you to feel the way you do. Don't stress yourself over this. Don't even waste your time trying to piss him off. You'll only piss yourself off even more in the long run. Let them have each other. Their relationship is not going to last anyway. You did right to break up with his stupid a$$. Forget this dude, and that chick.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• You said your ex boyfriend? you used the term ex? so if he is already your ex how come you were together and how can that be cheating if he is already your ex boyfriend?

I am just confused with you using the term ex boyfriend. Are you trying to say that you got back together and then he cheated on you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Nooo we were already broken up when I found out he'd been cheating on my the whole time. Which was upsetting to hear about bc we didn't have a bad breakup. In fact we were still kinda friends. Obviously we're not anymore tho

• Well... fyi karma is a bitch. I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION!!! but vengence is not a good practice in general. I would just let it go... or dont. I dont have the power to make you do anything ha ha. But just know that its super easy to email all your nudes to literally everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell the other girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Get over it and get someone else.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• You definitely shouldn't try to hurt him. That's not a nice thing to do and you need to be the bigger person here. He fucked up. Big time. But that doesn't mean you have to stoop to his level.

Look. If you can't get it out of your head then this is what I would suggest. Find someone close to you that you can trust and talk to them. They can help you sort out your feelings about it and, if they are really a good friend, then they won't try to persuade you into anger. Once you've sorted out how you feel about all this (which I should say that it's fine to be angry and sad and upset and all of those emotions, but you shouldn't let those consume you) then you can begin to move on. If you need to, then you could reach out to him and ask him about it for closure, although I wouldn't suggest it. It's better at this point to not be connected with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been there. Trust me. You hate him so much that all of you can think of is getting revenge. I know it doesn't seem possible right now, but this will pass over time. The hurt will become less and less. You will begin to realize that its a good thing he is out of your life, and it will teach you about the kind of guy you truly want. You will grow from this experience and take pity on him; his cheating ways will eventually catch up with him and lead him to a very lonely, miserable life. So my opinion, take the high-road; he's not worth it!

1|0
    0|0
  • break and move on. you deserve better. trust me, a cheater will never stop

2|0
    0|0
  • I know you are hurt but you WILL get over this faster than you think and he will become a distant memory. Move on and concentrate on yourself!! Do things you enjoy and if you chose date someone else. Trust me you will be fine. Years from now you will look back and will be milestones ahead of people like this who have no respect for others, let alone themselves!! Otherwise they would never treat another this way, you will be the one laughing pin the end, but not in s mean way!! Show class and self respect hold your he'd high move forward, HE DID NOT deserve someone as good as you!!

2|0
    0|0
  • If you ever truly loved him... I mean (deeply) loved him you wouldn't try to hurt him. Even if you feel that he hurt you.. It hurts everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump him and get a new one... if ya want.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes