Why would a guy declare love a month into dating and then dump you?

Cherrylips75
I recently met a guy in February, we started dating after our 3rd date, he said he wanted more than friends. We've spent a couple of months together in which I've met some of his friends and family. He's met my kids. He declared love for me about a month into it and said I was special to him, he said he was so glad he's met me etc. He made me feel truly special. We recently spent the wk end together but he seemed a little distant during the week. I get a text from him saying was he reading too much into the lack of communication. I sent him a text the next day asking if his feeling had changed and that if so to just say instead of letting me down gently. He then hits me with a text saying he doesn't see it working long term for us. No apologies nothing. I told him I understood and thanks for saying. I was wondering why he'd say all that about loving me, knowing I had kids and then just dump me via a text. Is this guy confused or just a spineless coward. I'm truly gutted and don't know if I should let him just go?
4
5