Guys, what can an ex do to get you interested in getting back together? Girls, anything worked for you?

Although my recent ex is in a new relationship, which he got into weeks after he dumped me, what can I do to get him to start thinking about me? I'm not sabotaging their relationship, but are there things I can do that might make him think of me more? You can read my previous posts for breakup details. We've been no contact for a month now. Girls, anything you've done that's worked?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not just move on? If he dumped you, he's probably through with the relationship, at least for now. Let him do his own thing, you move on and do your own thing, and if your paths cross later on down the road and you both want to try again it might be more likely to work. Sometimes you have to lose something and have other experiences before you can appreciate what you had before. Let him date some other girls and be totally disappointed by them , let him see you dating other guys and having fun, then if you both end up single again a year or two down the road and you want to reach out and say "Hey, we should meet up for lunch sometime" and see where things go from there... you might have a better chance of making it work.
    If you jump right back into it now, you might be OK for a short while, but the odds of it working long term are slim to none.

Most Helpful Girl

• How are you not trying to sabotage it. If you were dating someone and you heard their ex was trying to plan for way for him to think about her again wouldn't you be pissed? Leave the man alone. He's moved on and you should too. If you want him back at least be respectful and wait until it's appropriate (aka he's single.)

• She knew he and I were still living together and talking about maybe working things out in the future when she started to convince him to date her so I really don't care about how she would feel. He decided he didn't want to give us a fair chance to fix things after he started to see her

• Not to put you down, but I've seen relationship rebounds work out. Though given their age and your circumstance I don't think it will.

And remember, even if he doesn't decide to give it another shot, you can find better, he's not the only one out there for you.

• I know. I posted a video on facebook that was taken of me last night, doing the most ridiculous version of the gangnam style dance ever. I never would have done something like that before in front of people and this time I didn't even care. Its like I hit bottom and no longer give a crap about what people think of me. At least I got that out of the deal. He's been liking my friends statuses for a few days now, I thought that was a little weird.