I asked for a break with my boyfriend and its been almost a week and im starting to regret it?

I didn't ask to break up. I just asked to take a break from each other while still remaining friends. We can either get back together or just part ways for good... But its been not even a week yet and im severely regreting it. I keep thinking about him with this one girls he's friends with and how they were together yesterday. Just thinking the worst. But i told him he can do whatever he wants and i can do whatever i want too. I just didn't realize how much i would miss talking to him. We STILL keep in contact bc we agreed to stay friends, but he reaches out to me less and less and im just looking at my phone waiting for him to text or call. I feel the most comfortable when he's on the phone with me. We ended up like this bc of constant fighting... I dont know what to do anymore. I told myself i would just focus on myself but i miss him so much. I can't just be friends with him. I sont know what to do.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If the fighting was about small things that can be changed, fixed or forgotten about, tell him you want to give your relationship another go because you think it's worth saving. If you guys have real issues that you can't see ending any time soon, maybe it's time to let him go. It's normal to miss him and worry about what he's doing with other girls, but don't let these early feelings cloud your original judgement (which was that you both needed time away from each other).

I think the bottom line is that you need closure. Whether you decide to let it go or try again, you'll need to have a conversation with him so you can let each other know where you stand and then come to a final decision.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Tell him, say you screwed up and you're sorry, ensure him you didn't do anything with anyone else and admit you were wrong. As for the fights, try your best to figure out his side of the argument. Think about it and, take it calmly. If he's wrong, alright if he's reasonable he'll realize it. If he's right, that means you've been reasonable and realized it. Then admit it. Sometimes, even when you're wrong, if it's not something big, I'd still say give in if it seems like it'll be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be careful what you wish for you just might get it. It's over he's moving on

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that is rather normal to miss him at this point. You sound like you care and want him back, perhaps you should let him know that sooner rather than later. If he were to have sex with someone else during this time could you let it go? Another thing is you need to find out why you were fighting and if there is a way to fix it. Perhaps you have different needs for space/contact or one of you is an introvert and the other is an extrovert. I had a week long break before and we got back together and decided we need to send video texts and not be texting back and forth with words as it is emotionless and boring. If you want the relationship to survive you need to solve these problems. The sex will be amazing if you do make up and you won't take him for granted for awhile. If he were to have sex with someone else his feelings for you may be clouded or slowly fade away

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes