I asked for a break with my boyfriend and its been almost a week and im starting to regret it?

I didn't ask to break up. I just asked to take a break from each other while still remaining friends. We can either get back together or just part ways for good... But its been not even a week yet and im severely regreting it. I keep thinking about him with this one girls he's friends with and how they were together yesterday. Just thinking the worst. But i told him he can do whatever he wants and i can do whatever i want too. I just didn't realize how much i would miss talking to him. We STILL keep in contact bc we agreed to stay friends, but he reaches out to me less and less and im just looking at my phone waiting for him to text or call. I feel the most comfortable when he's on the phone with me. We ended up like this bc of constant fighting... I dont know what to do anymore. I told myself i would just focus on myself but i miss him so much. I can't just be friends with him. I sont know what to do.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• If the fighting was about small things that can be changed, fixed or forgotten about, tell him you want to give your relationship another go because you think it's worth saving. If you guys have real issues that you can't see ending any time soon, maybe it's time to let him go. It's normal to miss him and worry about what he's doing with other girls, but don't let these early feelings cloud your original judgement (which was that you both needed time away from each other).

I think the bottom line is that you need closure. Whether you decide to let it go or try again, you'll need to have a conversation with him so you can let each other know where you stand and then come to a final decision.