How to tell your boyfriend that we can't see each other anymore?

How to tell your boyfriend we are not meant to be?Where he doesn't hurt himself, I have a fear of this.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• If he does not want the break-up, there is no great way to make him feel differently. I personally believe in the straightforward approach and I am not a fan of giving a bunch of reasons why. They always seem to backfire or the person will promise they can change.

Some people do the opposite and kind of make it so the other person wants to break-up with them. Not a fan of that personally, but I have had it done to me and I do know people that just cannot be the one to say it is over. Instead, they grow distant, do less and less with their partner and just become an unattractive partner overall in their attitude.

What Guys Said 1

• bah, best to tell him straight and honestly tell him the flaws. You can't hold his hand all the time, some heal faster then others, it just no one wants to be told goodbye

What Girls Said 3

• Not totally sure what you mean by "where he doesn't hurt himself", but I think the best way to break up is to be nice and polite, but more importantly be direct. Don't beat around the bush, give him your reasons and end it... it's never good to drag it out or leave loose ends.

• When I broke up with my boyfriend, before I called him, I wrote down all the reasons I needed to break up with him. Then when I called him, I didn't have to think off the top of my head the reasons. I ended up crying a lot during the call. He cried too, but it felt really good to just talk it out and say the reasons. I advise it for everyone! It's great therapy!

Hope this helped!

Good luck! :)

• Umm be blunt honest and do it to his face in private. Don't do it over telephone, text, or MSN that's just a bi*ch move.