Miss ex, after a year and in a new relationship, help?

I will try to keep this relitively short,
I dated my ex girlfriend for over 4 years, since high school, and we were doing great. Everything was working out and we even talked about marriage, when out of the blue she broke it off over a year ago, giving no hard reasons other than us not being right for each other.. I was pretty devestated but got better in time. Since then I've dated a few girls, but didn't last over a month because I realized I wasn't ready and missed her, making me question every little detail about the new relationship.

Today im in dating a great girl, and we have a really nice time together, but the occasional text from my ex and stray trains of thought keep bringing her to mind, and making me sad and nostalgic.

Im really scared that I will stay like this, that my deep heart desire would be to be with that ex again, and I fear being caught in a loop of breaking girls hearts every time someone gets close..
Please help

21