How can I get rid of a girl without being a jerk?

So I've been texting a girl and I've realized that that's all that's happening. She texts me nearly every day then bails on dates she sets up. I really dislike texting and I'm not very interested in her but I don't want to be an A-Hole either. I just want the texting to end since none of this is going anywhere. It's starting to feel like a bothersome obligation. How can I get her to let things die without being a douche or just disappearing? We haven't been talking long just a few weeks.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Just straight up tell her - "hey, I want to go out but I don't want to just keep texting all the time, so either let's go out or let's stop talking". It's not being rude, it's being honest about what you want. Tbh she is being rude if she keeps bailing on your dates...

• That feels demanding. I don't wanna force her into an ultimatum like situation. It's not the serious to me. I'm just trying to end this texting cycle. I've actually lost a lot of interest in her so I'm just trying to leave respectfully.

• Well you're gonna have to pick something... seems everything anyone suggests, you don't wanna do... suck it up man, sometimes dating is a bit messy.

• If helping me think is troublesome for you you don't have to continue.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be honest. Tell her that you've enjoyed texting with her, that she's an interesting person, but that you want a real relationship, but that she clearly doesn't.
    Tell her that she has set up X number of dates and skipped on X% of them. Therefore you will not be texting her again.

• I like the straight forward approach but throwing data at her feels kinda cold.

• You Don't have to quote chapter and verse. Just make it clear why you're doing it. It's not her personality or anything, it's her choices. That way she's not left wondering why.