How do I break up with him? Should I even?

My boyfriend of about 5 months is being really rude, mean, and annoying. He's being immature with his friends, even though he can clearly see it's bothering me. He then gets possessive when I'm hanging around other guys, just friends, and gets mad at them (as well as at myself) and tells them to stop talking to me. He even calls my friends bad names, and says how much he hates them. And ten he acts clueless. He's so frustrating, because acts like he does nothing wrong and I'm the bad guy.

Before we started going out we were good friends, and he wasn't such a jerk. I keep hoping that he'll change but I know deep down he's not. The part that's upsetting me the most is that he still looks at me with love in his eyes, and when I'm leaving he says 'wuv ya'. It makes me feel so guilty because I know that I can't respond the same, I can barely respond I like you. I mean love him like a brother, but not the way he's talking about.

I know deep down I should break-up with him, but I just can't bring myself do it. I'm too nice, as everyone says. But perhaps in this case I'm the meanest of them all, I'm leading him on, I and I know its wrong. I just can't do it, because I still want to be friends, but I'm afraid we won't be able to, I might not even be able to continue being friends with some of his friends that are my friends too. HELP Me !

I'm already going through a lot and he is not helping.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• If you continue to stay with this dude, then your just asking for more verbal abuse. A good boyfriend doesn't make you feel annoyed or uncomfortable, especially one that truly cares about your feelings and YOU. There is nothing wrong with having guys friends, and he has no right to tell you to stop talking to them. My ex always called my best friend names and for no reason; it got so sick and tired of it. I almost think that half of the reason why I broke up with him is cause he wouldn't stop complaining about her and calling her ridiculous things for no reason. I had no much stuff going on in my life that I wanted to take care(family issues, tech. school, ect.). He had no respect for my feelings or friends. It was hard to break up with him, especially since we were together for 2 years, but when I finally did I was so happy! I wished I had done it sooner. If your already going through a lot of stuff, then your best opinion is to get rid of "whats dragging you down the most."

• Thank-you, its good to know someone else has dealt with something like this .

what did you say to him when you broke up?

• He was screaming at me and getting in my face, and telling me that I needed to tell him right now if I wanted to be with or not and I said that I'm done deal with all this craziness, and that I couldn't be with him anymore, because what we had was very unhealthy. Of course he didn't take it very well, but I hope that everything he had put me through is what he felt at that moment.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You have to take a deep breathe and just do it. It'll hurt you and it'll hurt him. But there is no easy way to end a relationship. Be honest and firm with him. Think about why you want to end it, verbalize it to him, and then do it. End it as cleanly as you can.

And yes it'll be hard.