Why is it so hard to get over someone you love?

Im still in love with my ex and it's been a year and a half since he broke up with me, I didn't want to be friends and told him that but he continued to contact me throughout the 1.5 years. It just hurts so much cause he comes in and out of my life. I tried walking away so many times but every time I fail, because he'll keep texting or trying to call and I give in. He means everything to me but he doesn't want to be with me anymore but I don't get why he still wants me in his life.

How do I walk away without it killing me inside?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• because you bonded (bonding chemicals) and he keeps showing up and re-igniting the attraction. I had the same challenge with a prior girlfriend. break away, spend time together, rebond... same issues show up.

You need to be apart to break those bonds and process the emotions. Tell him it is over and not to contact you any further, block him. it sucks, but that is what I believe has to be done. Or restart and go into counseling. Either way, get counseling.

People think this stuff is all fun and games sometimes (not you), but it isn't, it really really hurts...

Most Helpful Girl

• You just have to for the sake of yourself and moving on. Sorry, that is the only option. It hurts but you can't do this forever so you just have to. Ignore him if he contacts you. SO much easier said than done, I know! But that is the only way. Never get over him or cut him out completely. You will move on and feel better one day, I promise! It is killing you having him in your life too, but that could go on forever if you let it. If you walk away it will kill you for a little while but it will end.