Social media just ruined my relationship, what should I do to make it up to her?

Girlfriend broke up with me for liking IG pics. I always knew it bothered her but not so much that it upset her and now I feel like a d*ck. She told me it was hurting her seeing me constantly " letting other girls I find them attractive". And she goes to bed crying every night because I make her feel worthless and not respected.

We get along so well, she's just this sweet girl who wouldn't hurt anyone so I'm doing everything to get her back but she's having none of it. Then I came on here and saw a few posts from girls on this topic. And I honestly never realized how much it upset them. So for those girls on here any advice? What should I do to make it up to her?

Ohh and my age is 25 not 36 to 45 couldn't see the numbers earlier.

158

Most Helpful Girl

• This used to bother me a lot before I found my self confidence. I'm not going to say that it never bothers me anymore, it does, but I have learned that in order to fully love and trust my SO, I need to fully love and trust in myself. I trust him fully and don't really pay attention to who posts or likes what because I am secure in myself, him, and our relationship.

She sounds extremely insecure -crying herself to sleep over IG likes? She's got to learn to love herself and trust. If it's not IG then it will be something else and you will always be walking on eggshells. I'm not telling you to not stop, feelings are important and hers are hurt by this , but there is a deeper issue that needs resolving here in order to not keep cycling through this scenario in new forms.

Most Helpful Guy

• Social media didn't ruin your relationship. You did.
    If you knew it bothered her, and you still did it, that is an intentional action that you chose to do. Don't blame the medium for your own actions.

If your ex-gf didn't like you drinking and going to the club to dance with other girls and you still did it, would you blame the beer and the club? No. It's your fault.

When you actually begin to realize who's at fault (you), rather than pointing the finger elsewhere, maybe you'll figure out what she needs to hear to make things better.

I suspect she has existing trust issues from past relationships that have gone sour. Perhaps an ex-bf cheated on her, or that he watched a lot of porn and stared at other women. If you're liking photos of hot models, she probably sees you as exhibiting the same behavior as other men who have wronged her. Good job.