Are you confused about what you want your relationship status to new like?

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a lot of emotional pain from past relationships and I don't know if I want to get into a new relationship to forget the pain. Sometimes I feel like I want to remain single because I feel like another man might defocus me or make my pain worse. I'm not sure what I want and I'm afraid to take the risk in getting it because I just picked the wrong men.

I have a baby by one and that's what's the most painful situation of them all because I wish I would have married the right before getting into a relationship. This is something that I will always have to face and won't be able to change. As long as this man is in my daughters life, I will always have to deal with him. I'm more tired than anything. I've only been in 3 relationships but the heartbreaks were heavy and very depressing.

I know, I know: "You just need to focus on your baby and forget about those ass holes." Yeah better said than done.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been single for awhile and men do defocus me every time, it is almost impossible for them not to. I am very routined, work out, take care of myself, in good control of my finances, etc. But when I meet a guy my schedule gets so interrupted, I almost don't feel like doing anything except hanging out with them. When I stop seeing someone I like to gain that control I feel I lost back so I don't know if that is kind of what you mean, but that is what I do. I am not sure what you mean about another man making the pain worse? Like he will hurt you too? Or it will remind you of the past? When I broke up with a long term relationship the first time I went out with a guy after hurt, because I then knew it was really over between me and my ex and I was no longer his. Maybe you need a break from dating and focus on yourself and your child for awhile, take more time to get over the past and make yourself whole again. You can't change the past but you can learn from it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes, I agree with you. I'm so ready to move forward and stick to my promise of being single this time around. Being single is so much more happy and free for me. I'm tired of constantly trying to please someone else