Can you be happy in a one sided love relationship?

They are fine with you. You are not fine with them. They use you but won't lift a finger to help you. They will sound angry and annoyed if you ask for help. But you will help them numerous times a day no question asked and no complaints. They will blame everything on you even if it was their fault. They will make everything be about them. If your leg hurts then theirs hurt even more. Pretty much you give all the emotional support while they put you down and make you feel like you are the problem when it's not. Will you stay or leave?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been.. content with it but yeah

0|0
    0|0
    • ty for the mh

• I must really like you. I chose you as most honest for my other question as well but totally didn't on purpose.

• well like I said, I been in many one sided relationships, last one destroyed me to the core, made me more of a resentful and hateful and untrusting person. inbox me, I will explain further

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You can not. You have you be able to water yourself so you cam bloom without someone always placing shade on you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• This hardly sounds like a relationship. This is emotional abuse at its best.

I firmly believe that partners should be there for each other when then need support. It is natural to fight every once in a while, but the core of the relationship should be empathy and mutual support/trust. What you describe sounds like the opposite. The other person you talk about seems to not care about their partner.

I would most definitively leave.

2|0
    0|0
  • Leave... i did that exactly 3 days ago. i have no patience for it. people taking your kindness for weakness and want to take advantage of you...
    nope, i walked away, im not afraid to do it... i have enough people in my life that treat me like shit... i don't need more.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not a healthy relationship, it sounds very toxic to me. I think you need to set boundaries or consider moving on, don't let someone do that to you.

1|1
    0|0
  • "But you will help them numerous times a day no question asked and no complaints."

Why the hell would anyone do that?

One would have to be retarded or have no spine to participate in such a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd never be in a relationship like that. I hate wasting my time and effort on people who don't actually care about me so I never do

1|0
    0|0
  • Leave. Why would I give effort on someone who won't give the same amount as me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd blow outta there faster 'n a toupee in a hurricane.

Like, seriously... I'm not ever going to accept less than I'm worth.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because relationships are not meant to be one sided. They should be equal partners. Giving to each other. Not using one another.

0|0
    0|0
  • The question is why would I want to stay. I'm getting nothing out of the relationship so what's the point of being in it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Separation is looked down upon so... if you stay you would get a good reputation for having a successful relationship.

• Why would I care what others think. I only get one life. I'd rather be happy and get a few sneers than be miserable for the sake of some assholes opinion of me.

• nope i dont think that i can be happy in a one sided love relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm, sounds familiar. ...

Nope its a raw deal not healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in one like this funny enough she dumped me twice

0|0
    0|0
  • Anybody who says yes and means it is messed up in the head

0|0
    0|0
  • No, what is the point

1|0
    0|0
  • Leave with all deliberate speed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drop the relationship...

0|0
    0|0
  • Why to stay? I don't want sex, I want love

0|0
    0|0
  • I will say catch my balls bye bitch

0|0
    0|0
  • There comes a point where the complaining party has to admit they are at fault for their woes.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• Sounds like a pretty miserable relationship to me. Not many people could truly be happy in a one-sided relationship like that. I would leave and find someone who respects me as well as puts in an equal amount of effort to make things work.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd leave, no question about it. I'd walk away and never look back.

A person like that sounds Iike a selfish cruel hearted person. I'd never accept that sort of treatment from anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • That doesn't sound like much of a relationship to me at all, much less a happy one. Sounds one-sided to a whole 'nother level. I would undoubtedly leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • id have to say i would leave because in the long run love is going to turn in to hurt and hurt will turn in to fillings of resentment. you give and you give and you give and you never get even a thank you back how is that fair to you. love is wonderful to give away but its even better when you get it in return. you also have to remember that most important world is you, you have to take care of your self. if you give to much away pretty soon it will fill like there is no you left to take care of. also in a good relationship the other person will see that you are having a hard time taking care of yourself and will pick up the slack for you. why? because that person loves you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would RUN. How dare you let someone take over your life that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd stay and make them leave. That way they do all the packing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be happy in a one sided relationship. To me I feel as though that is emotional abuse. You are the one putting in all the work and all your partner is doing is just taking and taking. I would never be happy in relationship such as that. If I was in that position I would leave asap. Relationships are not to be one sided. It is a relationship so that means both people have to put in the equal amount. One person can't do all the work in the relationship and then there partner just takes all there credit. I've been a relationship like that before. Its best to just move on and leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah! Just like one sided friendships that never work!

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't possibly get involved with anyone like that in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be in such relationship in the first place... that's dumb..

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd leave in an instant. You deserve so much better than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • sweetheart leave you deserve to be happy and loved the right way

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave, and they're probably cheating. Very likely. SO likely. Probably 85% truth.

0|1
    0|0
  • no. that is not a relationship. i will leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can't leaving being frowned upon when you're being disrespected degraded disregard an all together abused. isn't there something in support of respect and against abuse is christianity?

• I can never

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd leave even if I loved the other person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave, definitely.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes