How long did it take you to get over your ex?

How long were you together with your ex and how long did it take for you to get over them, or no longer feel the pain?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• We broke up over a phone, I hung up and was like "Fuck yes, alone at last". Don't get me wrong the relationship wasn't working as I was doing all the work and she did not give a fuck about it, which made me want to break up. So if I put it into time it took me exactly 1 min to get over being single.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• we were together for 7-8 months, but I only saw him frequently for the first 2-3 and then less and less. He was hurting me a lot during the time we were together, so I was already in the process of getting over him, relapsing a lot and going to see him over the course of 4 months. I haven't seen him in almost a month and I think I'm finally over it. It's all about how good the relationship is. I think this was just infatuation, although I'm still grateful for the experience. Never been in love for real, but I'm convinced that if I was in a real relationship I would never get over the other person. I just have a very addictive personality and I think it would take me a very long time to feel ok.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I was with her for almost 6 years. I don't remember a particular date of when the pain stopped, however, I remember thinking in introspect at the 1 year mark and felt nothing. I probably got over her earlier than that, but it was at that time that I had realized it.

1|0
    0|0
  • 5 years. The divorce pretty much destroyed my life. It took me many years before I could forgive her.

Now we're on speaking terms, and she's designing the logo to my new business.

2|0
    0|0
  • My last ex was the one that took me the longest to get over, and it took me 2 weeks.

1|0
    0|0
  • A year, when I was 20. She broke my heart and left me psychologically incapable of feelinf romantic love for a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never really got over her. She was the best thing that I could ever have. Other girls just aren't good enough. She's moved on, but I can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most recent one is still pending. But getting further along every day : )

0|0
    0|0
  • Half an hour or less

0|0
    0|0
  • We were together for just understand year. It took me roughly 8 months to get over her. The break up was terrible. There was lots of shouting and crying. I didn't cry in front of her, it's only when I got home that it hit me.

She did however get in contact recently.

1|0
    0|0
  • About a day.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• About 10 months, and about a week. I was upset for a week before I realised "the fk am i upset for, he was the worst boyfriend one could ever really imagine having", I stayed miserable for a while at the fact I stayed in it, but getting over him - ridiculously easy.

Current SO, god I don't know. I get teary eyed thinking about going overseas for 3 weeks ha.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was with my ex for several years. It didn't take me too long to get over him because life had so many more enticing, pleasing, appealing offers. I think it also had to do with the fact that he thoroughly convinced me that he was not good for any woman's heart or mind so deep down, I knew that there was much better out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, my first partner it took about 2 years... right now, it's been 4 months since I split with my ex, and I have had to block him and cut contact so that it would stop making me upset to talk to him or hear about him dating. Cutting ties definitely helps if you can do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It took me about 5-8 months to get over my ex. It was hard but once I had moved on I didn't feel in much pain or despair anymore. I was with him for about 4 years ended it my junior year of high school.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. but not too long. I think most important thing is not to replace your ex with new one just because you need to forget about him. bit would be completely unfair for the new one, plus you need this time to heal and to understand who you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was with them for over 4 years and it took me about a week to feel ready to date other people. But since the relationship was not really good, a bit of pain is still there.

0|0
    0|0
  • we've been together for 7 months and i'm still not over him (he broke up with me 2 weeks ago)

0|0
    0|0
  • We broke up 3 weeks ago and I'm still not over it. :(

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes me awhile depending how much I cared!

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 seconds

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 year long relationship, still not over it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • 8 months

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 seconds 😂