How long did it take you to get over your ex?

How long were you together with your ex and how long did it take for you to get over them, or no longer feel the pain?

1410

Most Helpful Guy

• We broke up over a phone, I hung up and was like "Fuck yes, alone at last". Don't get me wrong the relationship wasn't working as I was doing all the work and she did not give a fuck about it, which made me want to break up. So if I put it into time it took me exactly 1 min to get over being single.

Most Helpful Girl

• we were together for 7-8 months, but I only saw him frequently for the first 2-3 and then less and less. He was hurting me a lot during the time we were together, so I was already in the process of getting over him, relapsing a lot and going to see him over the course of 4 months. I haven't seen him in almost a month and I think I'm finally over it. It's all about how good the relationship is. I think this was just infatuation, although I'm still grateful for the experience. Never been in love for real, but I'm convinced that if I was in a real relationship I would never get over the other person. I just have a very addictive personality and I think it would take me a very long time to feel ok.