How would you react if the married person you're seeing told you she/he is getting a divorce?

Would you be happy that you can be together or would you get scared that now they might want more from you?
Would such news change your relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not the type to go after married/going to be divorced types.

BUT, if I was in this situation I would just try to support the half that I know of that relationship and wait and see where it goes. But I would avoid getting mixed up in the divorce and just trust that they got it under control. Just be there for support and lighten the mood during dates and enjoy the time together.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's a tricky subject, because if he was getting a divorce and he was cheating on his wife, what makes the mistress/gf think he's not going to do it to her, I mean they could have a relationship where they wouldn't have to hide but it just depends on what both want out of it right? Like perhaps that he's married could be a good thing for the girlfriend because she doesn't want to be like a wife? I don't know- shitty situation though. If they proceed with the relationship post divorce it'll be a full on relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I'd be happy and upset at them. I'd feel guilty for possibly ruining a marriage and I'd think things would change

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how I'd react

0|0
    0|0
  • As in you're the lady "on the side"? I would avoid that situation from the get go personally. You're playing with fire with that kind of stuff. I would fear that he'll try and lean on you more heavily/romantically now that he's no longer encumbered by his wife. And even if it was a long dead marriage "for the kids" or something like that, it's going to have some pretty notable emotional reprucussions for awhile, so tread carefully.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't be seeing a married guy in the first place.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't go down that road in the first place.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes