What does my ex truly want?

He will text me consistently for a couple months and most of the conversation is just him asking me how my day was and then other times it's sexual, and sometimes he confides in me about how he is feeling and his depression. Then he'll call me sometimes when he's drunk and tell me how much he still loves and cares about me and never wants to lose me. He always tells me that if I'm still single and he is too in 2 years he will marry me. Then out of the blue he will stop talking to me, and it hurts but I never reach out to him when he does this.

Its been over a year since he broke up with me, and I've never had a chance to get over him because he continued to contact me throughout that time. I feel so mentally exhausted by it all and wish I could just go away by myself to clear my mind and do some soul searching 😢

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably dates during those times that you don't hear from him, then breaks up and realizes he misses you. Not sure why you broke up but it seems to affect him and him calling you makes it harder for you to get over him, maybe need to go out and find someone

Most Helpful Girl

• What your ex basically so tactlessly did was demote you. He gave you a lower rank and downgraded you to where you will not receive the same privileges and benefits you used to gain from the connection, but he still gets access to all of your assistance. He left you and displaced your position in his life, yet still has the nerve to use you as an emotional and mental ATM where he can just come make withdrawals as often as he pleases. If you value your happiness and peace of mind, then you should NEVER accept this situation.

This is a bunch of bullshit and so is his manipulative promise to marry you if you wait around for him to get his shit together, stop being indecisive, and value you for all that you are in TWO YEARS. WTF. What that really means is, "I want to keep my options open. I care for you, but there may be another woman out there whom I enjoy more than you. So if your self-esteem is low enough and you actually like me enough to let me leave you waiting around for YEARS to weigh my options, then I'll take advantage of it (because I'm a selfish, self-centered, self-interested asshole who doesn't really care about your heart otherwise I wouldn't even put you in that situation)."

I'm sorry girl, but if this man was really serious and truly cared about you, then it would not take two years minimum for him to treat you like the queen you deserve to be treated like. He is probably f*cking other women, dating other women, and testing the waters all the while giving you breadcrumbs so that he has fallback if he doesn't find something better. You need to cut him off so that you can actually clear your mind and find some soul searching. Don't you want a better man?

• Thank you so much you made me feel better 😊 And yes I do want a better man that will want me and not treat me like my ex does. I'm going to block my ex and cut him out of my life because I'm so tired of it all.

• Thanks :) Glad to know you're feeling better

• You're welcome and thanks for helping me

What Guys Said 2

• I think you just need to avoid him how long has this been happening

• The guy is not stable... He has no ideal what he is even about... Move on tell him to go away...

What Girls Said 1

• This guy sounds unstable and unsure what he wants, to clear your mind you need to cut ties so you can move on. Otherwise you're just clinging onto nothing but false hope.