I told my husband that I haven't loved him over the past 5 years of our marriage. He is?

Trying everything to keep us together whereas Im not as interested. I've been thinking of my crush, and of course dealing with my issues. I want to move on once ready. He wants hope that I'd stay. How to support him?

Updates:
Married 4.5 yeard

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should have looked for answer five years ago, Then you may have found the problem and fixed it. There was a reason you married him. But it started going bad and you did nothing to fix it. Now it is probably way too late. You are probably going to end up with "your crush", but that may not last so long either, because you do not understand commitment.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was in denial over the years. The issue is not that he doesn't love me but more my own thoughts. Going to talk it out with counselling

• I was not suggesting that he does not love you. The fact that he is trying so hard to keep you showed me that. But you don;t love him. And after five years of not dealing with that, I doubt counseling will help, though I think you should try it. But give it an honest attempt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you try to be faithful again? If it doesn't work out, I'm sorry. However, it doesn't hurt to try. This divorce won't only hurt him. It will hurt you, too. If you don't like this answer, I'm sorry. I'm just speaking from the heart. I just don't want you to do something you'll regret later. If you are truly unhappy, follow your heart.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• if you want to leave him leave him, don't drag it out it will only make things worse. if you want to support him don't take everything in the divorce

0|0
    0|0
  • No point staying in a loveless marriage...

0|0
    0|0
    • He loves me extraordinarily a lot

• But you don't which is ultimately not ideal for either of you.

• And this is why I'm never getting married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just move on. Go fuck your crush until you can't walk and do it as often as you feel. Enjoy yourself

0|0
    0|0
    • Wish I was as animalistic and impulsive... have morals though

• That's too bad.

• Your not interested because you have someone else in mind yout want to fuck and be with. Take away that fact marriage is a commitment you agreed too. Fight for love.

0|0
    0|0
    • Interesting point but before this opportunity with crush came along, I was still in this place...

• Show All
    • Fix what aspects? The fact that I was in denial? The fact that everyone was watching? The fact that I had pressure from many sides to 'perform right?' The fact that I was less mature then? I can't answer that question. I can only answer now and go forward. Go through counselling and possibly nip things in the bud with crush?

• I mean why you wait 5 years to finally say this to him. Did you think he'd change?

• How long have you been married?
    And do you really wanna support him or you just wanna end everything to go to your crush?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4.5 years. I don't know crush other than his sex appeal. This is what sucks... Unless we got to know each other

• How many years you're married?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4.5 years

• Why you didn't told him at the beginning?
      And what make you love your crush but not your husband? Ist money or the appearance or something else?

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him truthfully that you want out of the marriage and you arnt interested in staying. Tell him your reasons on why this is. Then say something nice at the end like "i care for you and hope you find peace". Thats what id like to hear. Unfortunately i never got that from my ex , just "ive been fuckin this girl for a while now. Goodbye".. sorta like that. Hope all goes well

0|0
    0|0
  • There is not much you can do for him. He won't want to come to you for support anyway. He should reach out to friends and family. Even a counselor. It's one of those things that both of you will just have to go through.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes