Is what he saying true and what should I do about it?

Anonymous
So I've had my first longish relationship with this guy for the past 2 months. We just ended it a few days ago. He said that he didn't know if he could invest enough of his mind into being in a relationship because currently he goes to college full time and he is trying to focus on his musical career. He also has a young child to take care of. He started talking on the phone with me less and texting less. When we had met he had recently got out of a long term relationship so I don't know. At the beginning of the relationship, he would call and text a lot and was frequently asking me to hang out, but was also scared that I might suddenly end the relationship for no reason ( which was a little weird). Lately he's been saying he was depressed because he hasn't been practicing his instrument. He started practicing again but felt he wasn't getting better and he also told me that his instructor is currently not impressed with him. I'm assuming what he was saying is the truth but I really miss him and I don't know if I should say anything to him or not. He said he felt really bad for wasting my time on our relationship. any advice is welcome :)
Is what he saying true and what should I do about it?
Add Opinion