Should I give my girlfriend another chance?

My girlfriend cheated on me 2 days ago and ever since then i did not speak to her, she kept leaving me voicemails and saying how sorry she was and kept sending texts but i did not reply to any of them. I'am a pretty calm person but this made me mad. Should i give her a second chance. She sent nudes to a guy and as soon as i seen it, i left her house and never spoke to her since. We have been dating for 2 years and i never thought she would do this to me.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to give her a second chance, at least rty. You two have been dating for 2 years, that has got to stand for something. There will be bumps in the road there is no long lasting relationship that does not deal with one partner cheating and sending nudes to someone they aren't with. But think about it, two years. Two years you have loved this girl, are you going to let this one incident break the strong connection it took you both so long to build? You need to talk to each other, figure out why she did what she did, how and if you both want to work past this etc. And you my good sir need to ask yourself, first and foremost,"Do i still love her. Do i really want this relationship to end after we came so far? Is it worth it?" Think about all that. Love is a roller coaster you'll go up but you will also go down. Who says you can make that climb again and endure the best and worst together?

• Cheating is a little more than a bump...

• I'd really like to know what her excuse is

• tonight im meeting with her

Most Helpful Guy

• No. She's a cheating cunt, she deserves no forgiveness.

What Girls Said 4

• I would say no. You shouldn't. She cheated on you. She has broken your trust and doesn't deserve it.

I don't doubt that there are people who tell you to give her another chance. And that's their opinion. And who knows, maybe if you do then things will be different and she won't cheat on you again. Maybe you guys will the happiest people out there. But I just don't believe in giving someone like that a second chance. I would never expect someone to give me a second chance if I cheated on them (granted I would never cheat on them in the first place.), but I understand that some people are more generous with trust than I am.

• thanks, i gave in and i said i would meet with her, she was crying on the phone so i'll give her a chance to explain herself and see. I agree with you too. most liely i still won't be with her but i want to see what she will say.

• I can appreciate hearing her out. It at least gives you both the chance for closure.

• tonight im meeting with her

• Aside from begging for forgiveness, is she doing anything to actually show that she is remorseful? Is she willing to block all contact with the guy? Is she willing to go to couples or individual counseling to resolve whatever issues she has that is the reason for her cheating? What is she doing that would prove she's interested in changing and not just sad she got caught?

• thanks, i gave in and i said i would meet with her, she was crying on the phone so i'll give her a chance to explain herself and see. She apparently blocked and deleted him. im curious for her reasoning. im meeting with her and i will see

• She should not have been sending those guys nudes in the first place, in my opinion. You should talk to her about why she did it and determine how you feel about her from there and whether you still want to be with her or not. Good luck!

• thanks, i gave in and i said i would meet with her, she was crying on the phone so i'll give her a chance to explain herself and see.

• Listen to why she did it. Did she have a legit excuse? Talk to her. If she didn't, then you can break up with her. Cheating is unforgivable. However, y'all dated for two years. Maybe there was a reason she did it? If there wasn't, then her apologies may not be real. Don't lose your dignity in this incident.

• What legit excuse can a cheater give? How can you excuse a betrayal?

• Good. You're a wonderful boyfriend.

• I broke up with her, i listen to what she had to say and she was being honest and the reason was not good at all. She basically said she didn't want to send them but did anyways, which is dumb. When i told her i'm breaking up with her she started to cry. It sucks but what is done is done.

What Guys Said 1

• Try to give her a second chance would NOT be the advice being given had he cheated on her.