Should I break up with him or give it time?

Anonymous
I've been together with my boyfriend for 2 years now and while we've had our ups and downs, lately I've been having a lot of doubts about our relationship. At first it was just the small things that began to bother me like how he tended to be sarcastic and we didn't talk as much as we'd used to. But in a past few fights we had, he told me he viewed some of my gestures as pity rather than out of concern or love. The first time he told me that, I just thought it was his pride getting in the way and told him it was out of care and love. But this issue has come back up a couple more times and a few days ago he told me that he doesn't believe I really love him and that I'm staying with him for his sake. I got angry and called him an idiot for saying such things, but now I'm starting to wonder if this is really a relationship anymore. Even worse, I feel like I'very lost respect for myself by staying with him when he doesn't even think my feelings are real. I do love him and he loves me but I just feel so frustrated and mad about all of this and I'm not sure what to do. Should I break up with him or can I believe it'll work out?
Should I break up with him or give it time?
Add Opinion