Girlfriend dumped me, told me to move on. I moved on and am with a new woman now and now she's mad I didn't fight harder for her. WTF?

Anonymous
My last girlfriend broke up with me in November. She cut off contact with me and told. me she wanted me to move on because she didn't want me holding out hope for a future that couldn't happen. I moved on and met someone else. Now she's mad at me because I found someone else and didn't fight harder for her. She is now telling people I lied about how much I loved her if I can move on and not fight for her. The truth is, I loved her and I wanted nothing more than to stay with her. But she made it clear she didn't want me anymore. Moving on was best for me and her or so I thought. Had I fought for her I feel like I would have driven her away more and been creepy in the process. Is this a no win situation for me and would she have hated me no matter what I did?
6
12