What's the deal with my ex?

My ex and I have been apart for over a year. However she and I still talk almost everyday. We have shared many holidays together. Including Mother's Day recently. We have 2 kids. We lived together for 8 years. But she never brings up getting back together. When I bring it up she doesn't say Much. She says that maybe in the future but not in the near future. I try to be there and show her that I have changed and that I'm seriously commuted to making it work. I'm affectionate to her. She doesn't show much affection other than playfighting and she occasionally hugs me back. What should I do? Should I just give up?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Being you both have His and Her History here, dear, Along with '2 kids' to boot, Right now she is Into you for perhaps 'Doesn't show much affection other than playfighting,' but More like Doing her own thing and being her own boss, No strings attached.
    Focus on your own life. If you should meet someone who you would want to date, Let her know that you both do not seem to have any Commitments at present and you are your own Free bird who no longer resides in the love nest.
    Maybe she will come flying back faster if she thinks there is a little Competition but to be on the Safe Side so No Friction... Let her know ahead of time, Should you end up with another Find.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
    • So I should maybe not put to much hope and start dating? It's just weird cause we still do so much together.

• It sounds like she is Having her Sweet cake and eating it too by being with you and being free too.. Focus on you, of course, o guarantees, and of course with a child, it does help bring you together and to be together but doesn't always mean you both are going to end up to be the way we were... She probably thinks you will wait and if you feel you cannot or something comes up, have a talk with her.. right now you are both nursing and nurturing something special with His and her history which is nice and if you like what is going on at the moment, then let it Go for now and let God. xxoo

• She is saying "maybe in the future" to avoid a conflict, but she's trying to make it clear that she doesn't want to reconcile the relationship. It's perfectly normal that you spend holidays together for the benefit of your kids, but accept that she doesn't want the relationship and don't keep bringing it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • SHe likes u!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes