What would you do if your ex wanted to be friends?

Anonymous
Just wondering.
My ex boyfriend broke up with me a week ago and I was devastated and still am. Prior to that I got a bass guitar as I was going to join his band, but he kicked me out cos he didn't want me to know all his friends cuz then I'll have more friends than him. I was nice and understanding when we broke up. He called me yesterday telling, not asking, for me to drop off the guitar at his house. And he wanted to be friends but if he got a girlfriend would have to stop cos of the relationship we had.
I basically just wanted a platonic friendship cos we were best friends before the relationship. I wasn't happy and I said I've got other friends I don't need you in my life, my heart has no place for you and blocked him on everything.
Was that mean of me? Cos I was protecting myself from being upset when he finds another girlfriend
7
5