Should you be friends with your ex or not?

Basically I know we won't work out in the long run because my parents don't like him, he's 23 and hasn't studied/work, he never takes me out and I buy all the groceries and video games and cook for him. But most of all he didn't love me.
He calls after a week asking if we could be friends. I asked r we gna stay that way when u get a new girlfriend and he said no because of the relationship we had. Honestly I was heart broken :( but what's the point if he's going to ditch me for his new girl even when I want to be platonic friends?
So I said don't ever contact me again, I have awesome friends, I need to grow as a person and you're in the way etc. and blocked him on everything
now I don't know if I should've said yes to being friends

2314

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you shouldn't be friends with your ex, it's never suggested that you do that. To add to that, it doesn't make any sense also, I mean you don't want to have him in your life as a partner/boyfriend so why would you want to have him as a friend in your life? and that too after you have broken up with him?

You shouldn't keep any contact with your ex, whatsoever. That's the best way to go about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry, but it's a typical "boyfriend who dumps girlfriend" request to want to stay friends, it eases the blow of rejection, and it's only for their own selfish reasons. It's all about them, what they want. I have never stayed friends with exes, except for my ex husband, who is also the father of my children. I have told every one of my exes that once we're done, we're done. I don't stick around. And that's for my own sanity and peace of mind. Move on.

• Thanks for your comment
      That's so true.. Why endure the pain longer than u have to right

• No problem! Stay strong girl :)

• Thank you for MHO.. hope things are going better for you <3