Should I break up with my boyfriend?

I really care about him, and he cares about me. If I typed out how we are when we're together, you would think it's a perfect relationship. But there's one problem, he lives 3 states away.

I don't get to see him but maybe once every 3 months. he has no job, and he's 21 and still living at home. I'm still 17, and I feel almost like I'm wasting my youth away. I really do care about him, but lately when we talk on the phone, I get frustrated with him easily, and would rather talk to another guy who likes me a lot. I don't know if I should just stay with my current boyfriend, or break up with him, and get myself out there again before I get too old.

11

What Guys Said 1

• In any relationship, one of the most important things is to be realistic. A relationship with someone else can be a wonderful thing if it works for you, but it can be harmful if you're not careful. If you're in a relationship where you aren't physically with the person as often as you need to be and there is little to no hope of any change in the situation within a reasonable amount of time, you should definitely consider finding someone else. It's great that there are other guys who like you; that shows that the problem most likely isn't on your end. Don't break up with him right away though, give him a chance to show that he can be the man you need him to be. If he's unwilling or unable to improve what he has to offer in your relationship, then you should get out of the relationship before it starts to become a restriction on the rest of your life.

What Girls Said 1

• The sad truth is long distance relationships hardly work. They can but it's rare. It's hard to have a healthy relationship with someone you don't see. That physical bond isn't there, you know? I don't know how long you've been going through this or how much ou've thought it over but it sounds like your tired of trying. If you feel like it's holding you back and your not able to live your lif to the fullest then maybe it's best to end it. You sound unhappy and in any relationship that's never good. I'm going to be cold for just one second here so bare with me. He's not here, there for he doesn't control you. I know you care about him and he care about you but maybe it's time to just end it.