Confused after breakup... help! Don't know what just happened. Do you think he still loves me or not? Is he doing it to protect me or protect himself?

Anonymous
So, my boyfriend and I dated for 2 years. For half a semester, we lived with each other too. We loved each other and had our own fights. We both are very studious, and so there were times when I asked for a break, only to see his face sad and come back again to him next day. After the end of 2 years, he didn't take me seriously if I said let's take a break bc of school stress. He always said to me (from like 1 month into relationship) that he sees me as his future wife and wants to get married after school. We both were studying abroad and then we came back to our country and then he had his family to support while I was living alone in the same city. I moved there for school related reasons and for him. However, he didn't have time because his family didn't want him dating at the moment and so he had a lot of stress at home to not see me. So I abided by that, but we would argue plus he was stressed about school. Then, we moved to a different city for school reasons again. We lived together (kind of), but he started having auditory hallucinations (like his father) that would say that I'm taking him away from his family and etc. He also thought I caused him to do bad on his test. he was scared bc of his mental stress and hearing things. He wanted to stay with me and sleep next to me bc of that. But he was also too scared to touch me or be intimate. Once in a while, we got carried away and then he would push me away bc he's scared. We came back to his city again for school. And I had told his mom about his mental prob. After coming back, he slowly stopped contacting even though we saw eachother. he didn't even really tell me he wanted to break up, I started crying in front of him and he thought it was another reason. When I said I was crying bc of him, he said it's not a real break... he'll defin come back. After then, I called him and he wanted to build our friendship but then few days later he's no i don't want anything not even friendship.
2
0