Our final "goodbye" and he acted nonchalant. Why?

We broke up several months ago and he immedietely began dating someone else. I blocked him from all forms of communication, but after 2 months, he texted me how much he missed me from a different number. I said hello, but blocked him when he said he's still in a rship. And then this week, he texted me again to ask me to dinner because he's moving 3 hours away. She's moving with him. I told him it really affects me in a bad way whenever he reaches out to me from these different numbers especially when he always texts just when feel like I'm moving on. I then told him he's leaving me with no choice but to change my number. He replied
" Awwwe. But I dreamed about you last night. When I woke up, I was thinking about you"
Me: I need to move on. I'll always love you but I can't go through this anymore"
him: "ok :)"
Why so non chalant? If he loves me so much wouldn't he have been more upset?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop talking to him. He is in a rebound relationship that was a fling he never thought would go this far that he doesn't know how to get out of our how he really got in it.. he enjoys knowing he still had power over you and affecting you in such away. It's his high. Do what you said. Change your number and block him at all times. Let him suffer his consequences.

• Thank you! Number is now changed and he has no way of ever connecting me. It was liberating to change my number. I think you were spot on about his relationship being a rebound that turned into a rship that he doesn't know how to get out of. But, I just can't figure out why he would move to a diff state and bring her with him. He could easily dump her now that he's moving, but nope, she's moving in with him there, too. It just hurts.