Need help with a ex boyfriend?

My ex and I have been chatting lately. I do love him but we're not together. I sent him this message and he stop replying to me why? The message below...

Honestly John I do still love you and in love with you but some things aren't meant. Plus you have something beautiful and there's no way in HELL I would mess it up. So yes I will always feel comfortable talking to you about anything.

To be COMPLETELY real with you I haven't loved another man the same since you. I loved you more than I loved me and that's fucked up but it is what it is.

I know he is still in love with me but he messed up!! Thanks

21