Did you grow up with a divorced/separated parent or married, biological parents?

I grew up with my biological parents who are still married to each other. I am not aware of any divorces or separations in my direct line of descent, but then my grandparents and great-grandparents lived during a time when divorce was unheard of in their country. Once married, they were married for life. However, I do find 3 one-time divorces in my aunts and uncles.

• Divorced/separated parent
    Vote A
  • Married, biological parents
    Vote B
  • Neither (explain)
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• They married until my father died, mom still wears her ring. married since 19yrs age. They worked it out, didn't fight that I recall, and had their way of working things out.
    Nothing is perfect, I have defects from dads behavior (he was treated terribly by his mom and family), he did better with us kids but still have my wounds. Mom was awsome.
    Parents... need both of them I think they make a huge difference in the emotional health of the kids.

When you look at the mess going on within people, a component of it is the parents.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted B. My parents had a long happy marriage, until my father passed away. 😞

My mum stated she'd never consider marrying again, because my father was her soulmate. No other man could take his place. He's still her everything, and love of her life , even though he's not here in person anymore

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Married, biological parents. They've been married for like a hundred years or something

1|0
    0|0
  • Married, and stayed together to provide the financial security, but I kinda wish they could have divorced sooner.

0|0
    0|0
    • Financial security is a good reason for marriage. An ideal marriage may be based on love, but less-than-ideal marriages may be good enough to run a family.

• Show All
    • "You just think that's just how things are," is good enough for me. My parents fight too, and after a while, they help each other, and all is well again. I think the nature of the verbal fights is different from what I observe in other couples' stories. Other couples literally belittle each other without context. My mother may belittle my father, but the belittlement often has a very specific context, based on my father's previous similar actions. My father is also incredibly forgiving. He tells me that he always finds the root cause of my mother's angry temper and uses it in the future to avoid setting off my mother in the wrong direction. If my father thinks the fight is based on a trivial event, then he'll just let go and admit defeat on the surface. Also, if my parents fight in the morning, then after a whole day of work, they're usually too tired to fight or may forget what the fight was even about.

Personally, I think they set a good example for me. :)

• Yes, it gave me a wonderful example on how to give your entire fucking family depression and low self-esteem. Fuck yeah!

• I spent the vast majority of my childhood moving from foster home to foster home, because my mom liked to get high, and leave me black blue and bloody, and i have never met my dad. The person i called dad, is dead now, was an extremely abusive person as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was a single mother kid for most of my childhood... ironically I'm now a single dad , it's a much better & calmer atmosphere without their mother always present, she never ever pulled her weight , so it feels like I've always been a solo parent !!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I have had both of my parents. They tend to bicker a lot but they tolerate each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still married

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents have been married like 35 years at least. Yes they are my biological parents.

1|0
    0|0
  • i grew up with married parents, they fight a lot since i was a kid and still do but the most sweetest and loving thing about them is they always stay together no matter how much they fight

0|0
    0|0
    • Fighting is normal. Even siblings fight each other, but at the end of the day, they still love each other. Sometimes, they fight because they love each other and are concerned about each other.

• hmm but when i was a kid they fought soo much that my father even talked about divorcing her, but now my father doesn't talk about divorcing her but still sometimes they fought soo much that sometimes my mother cries but still they stay together, i learned from my parents that being a parent is not easy and no way near easy, its soo much tough that you can't even imagine

• my parents got divorced when i was 5 because my dad is a sack of shit so i grew up living with my mom.

0|0
    0|0
  • Happy to be from a traditional family with lots of love and both parents.. I dont think i could have madr it without one tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • married bio parents. they are so rare now, people divorce all the time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, according to the survey on GirlsAskGuys, at least half of the respondents say that they have married, biological parents. The other half either have divorced/separated biological parents or have adoptive, married, heterosexual parents or adoptive, homosexual parents. 50% is still a lot of people. :)

• divorce kind of defeats getting married.

• Biological lol my dad is best thing that ever happened to me ha

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents divorced when I was 2, so I don't even remember them being together.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents were separated when I was about 4 or 5, then officially divorced sometime later.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents divorced when I was 16 so I did most of my growing up by then but I guess techically both?

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorced biological parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • I grow up with two biological parents and I'm still with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Married and biological parents. And I'm extremely grateful

0|0
    0|0
  • my biological dad was an ass and not around without going too much into it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • i never knew my dad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never knew who my dad was so they separated

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 23

• My parents got divorced and my mom got remarried within a year. But she's happy and I have a great relationship with her and my stepdad, and a pretty good relationship with my dad as well.

It sucked while it was happening, but it gets better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I grew up with sepreate parents. I feel sad.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents never married, and were on/off again when i was born cause they were 17&18. Mom had lots of boyfriends and dad cheated on his girlfriend often

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents divorced when I was three.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Married, unbiological parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom divorced my dad a couple of years ago after he cheated on her. I spend the weekends at his apartment and stay with my mom during the week

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents were divorce when I was about 7 years old. My dad is remarried, my mom isn't. You're lucky yours are still together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Married biological parents who are great parents. I grew up in a loving home and I have 3 more siblings and we all get along very well together. I'm one of the lucky people in this world

0|0
    0|0
  • I never met my biological parents, I was given into adoption.
    Adoptive mother married a woman few years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents just celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary. My grandparents probably would all have still been together had they not died.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents divorced when I was 10 because my dad is a slut, and they are my biological parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents separated when I was like 2 or 3 and got divorced when I was like 13 or so. Father has pretty much always been absent, I haven't even seen his face in like... 10 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're still married.

0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up with a single mother. My dad committed suicide when I was six.

0|0
    0|0
  • happily married and biological, hope their marriage lasts forever

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorced since my teen years

0|0
    0|0
  • Married biological parents that divorced when I was 15

0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up with a single mother who never married.
    She went to a sperm bank, and also adopted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorced biological parents

0|0
    0|0
  • Married, biological parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • my parents are still married and going strong :)

0|0
    0|0
  • happily married biological (as far as i know) parents

0|0
    0|0