He keeps saying we should end it. Why?

I currently like this guy who I've known for a couple of years now. In fact, I think I love him. He likes me, which is all well and good, (and I'm not too worried about the love part just yet), but the problem is, he keeps saying that we should end it. We're not boyfriend and girlfriend because he "doesn't want a girlfriend at the moment" and "doesn't want to hurt me". We talk every day; on Skype, on the phone, through texting, on MSN.. Anything and everything. And every three or four weeks when he visits the town I live in (he stays with his with Nan and Granddad), we'll hang out. (Whether it's just us two or with some friends too).

But the problem is, every so often he'll say that we should end things. He doesn't really give a reason, but he says it. Usually, it never happens. We talk about things - with me questioning why. And then sort of go off that topic, to not speak of it again. Sometimes it really upsets me - which then upsets him, and we both basically have a crying fest. But on other occasions, I just won't bother listening to it, and totally disregard the comment.

What do you think? Do you think he really means it? He's afraid of getting serious? Or he just likes to keep me on my toes?

HELP!

NOTE: he's not the type of guy who's a player. Far from it.

And he's also not into sex or anything like that, that much.

Hope this helps for a more accurate answer?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Uhm.

I don't know if he's "healthy" enough for a serious relationship.

He may still want to fool around. He may want something else out of you.

You may be too far away from him to get serious.

Idk. Too vague.

Ask him why when you hang out, not over the phone or text.

Get it out of him, or it'll keep going on.

Goodluck - Sero.

What Girls Said 1

• He's playing games hun. Nobody just normally says "We should end it" when they're in a relationship or talking to someone they REALLY care about. You are a QUEEN, so do you really want to waste your time on someone who doesn't want to commit? If you don't like it, find someone else, or be unhappy. My motto is "deal or leave". Hope this helps.