Is it logical to break something off with someone if you both want different things? Even if you like each other?

Anonymous
I met this dude a month ago. Due to his own personal issues, he straight up told me from the beginning he cannot handle a relationship right now. I didn't mean that meant he was going to meet up with other women, but I guess it did. I was hurt, I expressed me feelings a bit too much about how that isn't right, and I do realize we were not exclusive but we were doing things that he should have been honest that he was seeing other women (or open to, I'm not sure how lucky he is without a car) but now I fear for my own health as well. He then said maybe we should not continue seeing each other because he cannot give me what I am looking for. I feel rejected... Should I take it that way? I do want something serious, and he said he is a relationship guy and can't just sleep around, yet that's what he is doing. He's 28. I thought he'd be a bit more ready for a relationship but I guess not?
2
1