Do you think guys can change?

Anonymous
So my was basically an asshole. We mutually ended things (more so him) and when I went to pic my things up from his house he had this look on his face, like he was taking one good last look, slightly sad/confused. Do you think he may end up regretting breaking up, since I was really good to him and gave it my all, but he blames my attitude, that I was complaining too often but:
He took me for granted. Rarely made time for us. All he wanted to do is make out, etc. Emotionally closed off
He was controlling and manipulative (no pictures or posts). He blamed me and my attitude for reacting to the things he did. It’s his way or the highway. Rarely apologized. He’s lied to me and his friends about pointless things ( said we'd slept together when we hadn't). Hot and cold. He didn't entirely respect me (didn't want to slow things down/ go backwards)
His friends even knew he wasn't trying.
Do you think he could ever realize he messed up and change?
Do you think guys can change?
4
4