Boyfriend broke up with me saying he's not ready for a real relationship but the break up itself left me confused... What happened?

MitchieRose21

So I was with my boyfriend for almost three months. In the beginning we would see each other almost every day. We texted everyday and he would be affectionate but then for a week, he wasn't acting the same way and I didn't know why. He apparently was going through some problems at home and money issues that he had to get another job. To which he didn't tell me about the second job until two weeks later and the other stuff, my friend told me. This weekend, he said we needed to talk. He asked me if I still liked him, I had answered of course I do. He began to mention how things were not the same compared to how it started. He responded with that he couldn’t keep hurting me unintentionally since he hasn’t visited me and he’s busier now. That he likes me a lot but he didn’t feel the same way as before. That he wasn't ready for a real relationship, that it wasn't my fault but it was his own. I tried so hard to not cry but I kept hiding my face but I broke down and he embraced me immediately. This next part confused me. He held me saying “I’m sorry” and “you were the best thing that has happened to me”, "this is the hardest thing he has ever had to do" and to not stop talking to him because he doesn’t want to lose me. I couldn’t understand. And then… he began to cry, a lot. We kept holding each other and I cried out that I was about to say that I loved him and that I was sorry that I was making him cry, he broke down and said it was his fault. He cried into my arms. At one point, he held my hand and kissed it twice. He put his forehead on mine and he swept my hair off my face and went for my lips. We slowly kissed for a bit more than once. I couldn’t promise him that I would be in his life but that I wasn’t going to talk to him for a while. I don't understand why he broke up with me and still did all that if supposedly he didn't feel the same way as he did before? Like why would he still want me in his life. I'm just lost rn and heartbroken over this whole thing.
1
2