When your ex texts you months after a breakup?

I broke up with my ex over disagreements about sex and religious differences, the breakup was so stressful I had to take a leave of absence from grad school. Now that I'm about to go back to grad school he texted me and asked where I was going to be living when I move back and how I was doing (he is in the same program as I am, I was moving back from out of state).
But I was just wondering what is the point of initiating contact like this after a breakup, and why would he care to know where I live? To avoid me if we run into each other?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• He might still want something from you. And plans to visit you to see if anything will come of it.

Or other possibilities is that he could be worried about you since you had to take time off because of him.

Those are the main two things when guys text there exes anyway.