How can I break off a relationship with my gf?

I have been seeing a girl for almost 1.2 years and i kinda feel things have fizzled out and i feel controlled by her. I don't want to break her heart or anything like that. Honestly i just want the relationship to end. What is the best way for me to tell her that?

please help

Most Helpful Girl

• Sit her down and be this Honest John with her and level with Her... I just feel this is the best thing to do, hun, to take some time for myself away from you.
    Tell her you want A "Break" to Begin your new Beguine. Instead of just Ending this long term relationship, Give yourself Time by Taking some Space without seeing her Face and then you can Decide if you want to take the long Ride and Then... Tell her if this is what you Do want, To tell her you have Decided that the Break you took did you some good and you don't want to be tied down right now but you were hoping you both could be friends.
    Of course no matter how you Slice the not so Sweet cake, She will not take it well. However, Something has to be done, For this is very unhealthy and if you have Exhausted every other Way, Then First Try the Break Today.
    Good luck. xx

• thank you so much. This is the best advice. I really appreciate the help. Wise words :)

THANK YOU :)

• Awww, you are truly helpful. Thank you for your time and help. It really did boost my confidence. I wish i could hug you now :)

• Oh, happy to have your day start off with a good feeling and thank you too for making my day as well.. xxoo these are my own Insignia I always Add with "Hugs and kisses."lol

What Girls Said 9

• if you dont want to break her heart, break up with her sooner rather than later! its worse to have these feelings and drag it out. just be honest but kind without leaving her wondering about where you stand.

• These are things that a friend of mine has said that he and his friends have used. ( unsure if they have been sucessful)
    1. Tell her you are now gay... And have met the man of your dreams...
    2. say you have been drafted to an area with a 12% survival rate
    3. Say you are in the CIA and need to go undercover and don't expect to come back
    4. Say you are joining the priesthood.. On other side of the world
    5. tell her you are joining those going to Mars

• Thanks for those helpful tips, but i think out of respect for her, i won't tell her lies.

Haha, nice suggestions, but i feel i should tell her the truth, i just don't know how or when to say it to her

• haha, thanks ;)

• these all seem like they may work if you were leaving the country indefinitely... hmm might try it?

• Just tell her the truth and tell her to her face. Don't do it over the phone or through text, but if she really likes you, her heart is gonna be broken regardless. Part of the dating unfortunately.

• Yea, i kinda figured its going to be hard for her. hmmm, is there anything i can do like to maybe ease her into a good mood before i tell her. Like should i take her out and make her feel happy and then tell when we come home?

• Say it like that. I promise you, if she really likes, there's no really good way to say it. You don't need to be an asshole, but honestly, the way you worded it on here is probably the best way to go.

• Ok, great. thanks for the help, appreciate it. :)

• Just say you need space

• Be direct and honest. There's no way of breaking up with someone that doesn't hurt whatsoever, so just get it over with.

• tell her how you feel and talk to her about it and end it there is no nice way to do it and it will hurt her but the quicker you do it the sooner you both will recover from it

• start with a conversation about how you feel about the relationship. Use 'i feel' instead of 'you do this.. '

Please use Wikihow instead of me XD

• Be honest but be firm no one will ever not get their heartbroken from being broken up with the right way. Just rip off the bandaid!

• Just explain to her how you feel and see if she understands. If she doesn't then just rip if off like a bandaid.

What Guys Said 5

• You should first move everything that you own from her place and physically get all of your things that belong to you. Get her stuff that is at your place and move back to hers. Then meet her out somewhere public but not too crowded. Then let her know how you feel. Bring an extra set of clothes and wet naps in case she has a drink in her hand. Also bring an ice pack if she slaps you

• You need to be upfront and tell her the truth. That's the best way.

• Ending a relationship will ALWAYS end up in a broken heart for one of the parties involved

• A break sucks always. Don't think much about it. Just end it nicely.

• you'll break her heart any way you do it. Just make sure you do it face to face, and be honest with her. Even if she's heartbroken, she'll appreciate your honesty