Who seems to get hurt more after a break up?

Guy or girl? Male or female?
Or does sex even matter?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the people involved and how into the relationship they were. It might be equal even. Women are generally more emotional and vocal over it but it doesn't mean that the guy is not hurting to, he'll do everything in his power to hide that though so you don't see it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe gender has any relevance at all when it comes to being hurt after a breakup Men don't have an immunity against pain. Both male and female have the same emotions and feelings so they both naturally react to painful situations.

A lot of men may not display their emotions outwardly the way women do , but their hurt is still just as painful, deep and raw as a females.

Some people have the ability to suppress emotionals and control their emotions in front of people , but when alone they break down. So it's wrong to assume anyone is feeling less pain than someone else. You can never truly know the depth of someone elses pain.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• depends on the situation, who broke up the relationship, or how long they have been together. Both parties are hurt equally most of the time but both genders deal with the problem differently. One cries and lets all of the emotion go while the other suppresses their feeling with alcohol and attracting the other sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the indivudal. I don't think gender has anything to do with how a person responds to break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely guys. Girls can easily find a guy and move on right away.

0|0
    0|0
  • women recover quicker... even the ugly ones can find a d-ck to jump on right away... its harder for men... i havnt even dated and i know this...

0|0
    0|0
  • the one who gets dumped... it doesn't matter the gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Males in my opinion. Girls can deal with pain better.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who got broken up with. The sex doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • both

0|0
    0|0
  • males because females have better support systems

0|0
    0|0
  • men in my opinion

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Whoever was more attached or who has no re difficulty processing their feelings

0|0
    0|0
    • No actually I think whoever holds most regrets.

• Studies consistently show that men hurt more after breakups. Look it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who dived too deep into the relationship... and gender doesn't seem to play any role here!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you hear about someone committing suicide after a break up its a guy

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the reason of the break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gender usually doesn't matter in these cases.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes