They love you enough to let you go?

I've heard this in movies, read this in books and heard it from people I know. What do they exactly mean when for example, the girlfriend breaks up with the boyfriend because she loves him so much that she was able to let him go?

i feel like that I get it, but I'm a little confused..

14

Most Helpful Guy

• its like letting someone down without hurting their feelings, its me, not you...you deserve better,..you can do better,...your to good for me...etc

What Guys Said 3

• I think its bullsh1t. Just another way to let someone down when you don't want to be with them.

If it was true it would be frustrating as hell to be the other person because they person letting go believes its for the best but how do they know for sure? They don't and the other person gets no say.

• I heard something similar to this but its in a different perspective.. The saying is "can you kill someone you love because of love?" basically when the person you love does something wrong that can seriously effect a lot people could you do something to stop them even if it meant killing them. Don't take it literally its just a more extreme example of what you are asking I guess... If it makes sense

• this is so true I absolutly agree with this talk to me in private and I can really let you know what I mean

What Girls Said 1

• If being with them, is harming the one they love, they don't want to harm them anymore