How would u feel if u found out your ex died from an overdose?

I do not feel much we dated three years ago.
He had hurt me really bad, I never had anyone hurt me so bad, but we did have some good times. Another ex girlfriend of his told me he passed away three days ago from a drug overdose, and says she knows he hurt me really bad, but he was a good person dealing with some demons. Yet I feel nothing, is that normal. I told her I was deeply sorry. Is my reaction normal. I just feel like karma caught up to him.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex and I ended things on really bad terms. I did go through a long phase of hating him with a passion, wishing that karma would catch up with him, the works. Eventually, I realized that even if that happened, I would be equally as hurt. Unless there's a way to turn back time, nothing would really fix how I felt.

In other words... I'd feel really sorry to hear that. No sense of redemption or anything, though.

• Yes I felt sorry he passed, that's a really bad way to go. I felt like karma did caught up with him at first. I knew he used in the past, but he was a psychiatrist for Christ sake. But sometimes pain can be dampened but the effect lives on.