The one that got away for now. Anyone experience this or tell their ex how they felt?

Anonymous
Anyone ever feel that their ex was the one that got away? If so did you tell them and did it ever work out for you that you got back together? I'm dealing with that now with my ex. He's an amazing guy and we had a blast with slot in common etc. very similar. Things were going great until he fell into a lot of stress. He was having a hard time finding job, money was low and a bunch of other things were going wrong. So much that he closed off from everyone including me for almost a month. Texts were far apart he put himself down etc. upon the end of it he told me he wasn't feeling what he thought maybe he should and that he felt we were not connecting which I find to be bs and such because we're just fine before all this. So we broke up and he was he one to initiate texting after the bu. The first week then the next and a few times a week. i then initiated a few time. We did have sex 2x but it was never straight up asked for like a bc would. Well anyway I still miss him terribly and we still talk and I don't know what's going on between us because some days for me are better than others. I felt like he was my person and we could grow together and build. He basically is the one that got away and the one that's hurting the most now. Not per say that he's away but as of now we are not together. I don't know why on my heart I feel like there could be another shot with us but I'm not sure. Do I tell him how I feel? I feel like I just need to get it in the open and if nothing happens then hey arleasr I can say I tried and it's his loss of nothig comes from it. So should I tell him? I don't want to go my life saying what if.. Like what if I said something and it turned out for the better?
1
1