Have you ever developed feelings all over again for an ex-crush or Bf/Gf after meeting/ talking again a few months or years later?

I used to have this huge crush on a guy in HS and it was mutual, but I yelled at him when he was about to ask me out </3 ( don't judge me, he was way too popular and I was intimidated).
Have you ever developed feelings all over again for an ex-crush or Bf/Gf after meeting/ talking again a few months or years later?Lately out of nowhere he commented on one of my Facebook posts and I had a dream about him a week earlier (so random). I don't have feelings for him anymore because we haven't talked much and I haven't seen him for 4 years, but I was wondering if it's possible for my feelings to come back once I meet him again if I do.

Did it ever happen to you?

• Yes.
    63%(170)53%(254)Vote41%(84)
  • No.
    27%(74)32%(151)Vote37%(77)
  • Other/Results.
    10%(27)15%(73)Vote22%(46)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
All the guys saying NO, I'm losing hope Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• No.
    My first serious girlfriend broke my heart so comprehensively when I was 21 that I have been incapable of romantic love since that time.
    Twenty-six years later and 2,000 kilometres away, fate caused us to meet again.
    Her welfare home had just been flattened by a storm. She was homeless, had three children (each to a different man, by the look of them) and was utterly destitute.
    I was cold, utterly cold. In that instant I realised that a deep love had turned into a hatred that was equally as deep.
    Later, as I sat in my office as the editor of the town's newspaper, the sense of schadenfreude bordered on orgasmic.

• What did she do if I may ask? I don't think I could ever hate my ex although he Hurt me a bit at the end :/

• For a year I thought that we were together.
      She was using me as a diversion, so that her parents would not suspect that she was maintaining a secret relationship with a loser bad boy, of who they disapproved.
      I was so much in love and so naive that I did not see the signs.
      When she turned 18, she skipped town with him. She left a note to her parents.
      I could not function as a human being for three months. I had not known that it was possible to feel that level of pain. Every moment of every day I begged God to kill me to stop the pain.
      It was after that, that I realised that there was no God.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and it sucks. He is a family friend that I have loved ever since I first laid eyes on him at 12 years old. We admitted our love for each other at different times... breaking each others hearts... the friendship was never the same again. But we still cross paths every now and then. Sometimes I think it's a case of we're both as bad as each other... too shy to say anything but we'll just play the look, look away when they look game. Watch each other walk across the room. We're both unlucky in love. I think our mums would love for us to get together but I personally don't think it would work. We both live completely different lifestyles. He's in the entertainment industry, I couldn't think of anything worse then being in the limelight. But he's one I've never gotten over. But that's life... life goes on.

What Guys Said 27

• No I've never been interested in an ex. I bet you can get feelings for him. You didn't have a bad past, but from what you said it didn't sound like you know him well so I think it's unlikely it'd workout given the odds you two may not be a good match. What I mean is you're probably looking for certain traits and a specific connection which I think it's usually hard to find.

• nope not really. when I know it's dead and nothing will ever arise from it again I make damn sure I move on forever. so it hasn't happened to me.

• okay in your scenario though, yeah sure it's possible. you're single, you're prone to develop feelings towards people you are attracted too, regardless of what happened in the past.

• Its never happened to me but I've heard stories of people shove had crushes in high school meet up later in life. Its definitely dueable! I say message him and apologize for being an ass!!!

• I haven't but I can imagine that since the emotions have gone by in the meantime, you could look at the person in a more relaxed way... and realize why you loved each other long ago :D
    In some cases that may lead to learning from where things went wrong and give each other a new chance. Especially if you've been together for a long time.

• In my opinion

ABORT MISSION - ABORT MISSION - ABORT MISSION

this very same situation has happened to me twice, both times ending EXACTLY the same...

you go into this expecting the very same person you knew in High School

you get one of 2 things, either:

1 - They are, usually not good considering you're not in high school anymore. or
    2 - All of the things about that person that you ever loved have been chased out by life and shitty things happening to them.

(first time, the girl was JUST like she was in HS, which I liked at first, but then i remembered how little self respect and drive she had back in school. Second time was my fault, I was a pretty caring and light hearted guy in high school, but A LOT had happened to me between then and me reuniting with the girl... not the same one by the way... and I had become cold and distant... I had HOPED she could fix that... but we were both wrong)

• No. A lot of my ex-crushes did not give a crap about me and a lot of them only liked white or Latino guys. Unfortunately, I'm of Asian American ethnicity, so that counts me out.

Fuck them, if they don't have time for me, I don't have time for them.

• Yes, I overreacted when my ex girlfriend said something and I went so far with overreacting that she broke up with me. I regret doing that and I'd love to go back and fix it. I'm doing the NC method so I can recover but to be honest I still have feelings for her.

• It is possible, but I think it is quite unlikely to happen. Usually if there is a spark, the spark will be there to begin with. Trying to force a spark to happen is counterproductive.

• Rarely I am not the forgiving type is someone hurt me and I didn't forgive them its for a good reason.

• Not really... Once I'm over someone it's pretty much done, not getting feelings back with the same intensity

• It's certainly possible yeah but whether or not it's the best idea is another question.

• Seems like you still have feelings for this guy
    Why would you dream of him, or think about him still?
    Maybe your feelings have changed, but they are still there.

• Neither. I've been single my whole life. 😣

• nope. besides my ex was a crappy person, so i never tried to get in touch with her

• Unfortunately, it's happened to me. It's hard to deal with.

• Yeah I'm sorry to hear that, I think the best way is to completely cut them off and delete them from every social media as if they didn't exist anymore, the worst thing is "what if"...

• Yeah one time

• Crushes are bullshit, it's all a fuckfest being honest

• Never..

when i move on , i move on for good.

• Thought back on it yes, feelings no

• Sure has. Depends how and why you broke up.

• it did happen to meet with the girl after about 9 months or so. i bumped into her, i was the one to say hello first, . the feelings were definitely there for me and my heart was telling me "i still like her, why did it have to be like this?" ... bittersweet moment. she stopped to ask how i'm doing, i kept walking while saying i'm doing great.

bumped into her again after another 10 months and she turned her back on me.

• Yeah but they didn't last long. I have dreamt about my ex a few times and when it happened I missed her for a couple of days afterwards

• So why did you yell at him?

• Because I was stupid and he was always teasing me so I didn't want to seem all lovey dovey and desperate lol

• Maybe he understands

• Yes, This usually happen when you in a bit arrogant and a little shy (easily intimidated). Happens in the ages between 14-16.
    Yes, Its completely possible to have feelings come back as long as you see their pictures or in public.

• Lol she wants to go back to her fuckboy ex who she had a LTR over Skype

Make sure he uses a condom. You don't want your first time to be associated with STI

• This definitely happens

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• I pretend they are dead. Part of me when stupidly run back to him. the mature of me knows I have to let him go no matter how strong I feel. So he dead.

• You go girl <3 I'm the same

• I miss him too, :( but he neglected me, and a man who loves has to fight for you no matter what!

• I know... I just feel like most guys don't fight for anything anymore... Gosh where is my rich handsome prince charming

• Me and my ex have... reconnected. And it's hard because I've completely closed off my heart and hardened myself but I know deep down I'll always love him, support him and care for him because he was the love of my life. We will never be getting back together and we're just friends but it's difficult to lose those feelings, yeah.

• No since for any dudes that I wanted to get back with I never got over them 100% to begin with.

Though once I know that it's a waste of time to care about them at all. Then I'm able to move on easier.

• Yes three years later, needles to say he got worse in his selfish, douche-bag, egotistic ways, and he showed little care and respect for me. I that I allowed that to happen. I have since learned and moved on, and now I have a new policy where I do not take back ex boyfriends. I will lower myself to do that ever again

• You should meet with him. He may be a better version of what you knew since he's older.

• Yeah. Like 2 years later after I had a class with him again. Hahah

• Nope. My ex was an asshole.

• You can t know unless you try.
    I hope he lives in paris and it won t end into a LDR

• Nope, not for me.
    Once I've moved on, I've moved on. There's no turning back for me.

• I was talking to a guy and I had feelings for him
    But after that he didn't he showed no interest of any kind
    But a month later he talked to me and we started seeing each other now he's not answering me I've got no idea why!

• They can come back alright

• Of course. Those feelings don't just go away

• Yeah, but just once.

• Me right now

• Yes. Hadn't seen him in a year and thought Id be ok seeing him. Indifferent and all... Nope! Feelings all came back... *sigh* back to square one.

• Yes & good luck in truth our feelings didn't go away or come back for either of us they were just there bam love at first sight its even stronger 21 years on! He's in my heart & on on my mind everday! I've hated myself for loving him at times for instance when I've tried to love another I felt guilty as i cared but it wasn't love- but at 35 I've come to accept I'll never love anyone else as I love him x

• so from what i understand though you did not get back with him, you still love him. are you seeing someone else right now?
      also why did it end between you two?

• We got back together & split quite a few times, he was a party animal when younger so we split but not over major dramatics or issues mainly timing and I got married young and then divorced, I'm not seeing anyone else, I ended an engagement of 2.5 years over 6 months ago & he is in a relationship at the moment so I haven't contacted him, he has always allowed me to have my relationships & let them run their natural course and I will wait for his to do the same (hopefully) were both much older now and I know I'm ready!! But only time will tell!

• A few days later lol.

• I'm hoping this one guy will become interested in me again, so I'm just going to stop trying and hope that will make him wonder.

• Aha! Reverse psychology. I like it. I don't use it much now, not on purpose anyway. But there's a shy guy who had a crush on me almost 4 years ago. He kept hanging around me but never acted on it. I chose not to bother taking him by the hand. I still get the impression he likes me but is trying to hide it now. He gets jealous when I talk to other men.