Would you have sex for the possibility of getting back together with your ex?

If you're still in love with your ex but you're both virgins (and you personally want to stay that way) would you sleep with them for the possibility of getting back together with them even though you're not ready?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Your question is ill-posed and you display enormous naivity.

Virginity is over rated. It is something to get over with so one can enjoy life. Only about 2% of women are virgins when they get married in the US, but the average age of a virgin marriage is 19, compared to 27 for everyone else. Furthermore, the divorce rate for women who marry at 21 or younger is enormous.

There is no such thing as "ready". If you have a condom around, are on birth control, or have counted the days on the calendar correctly, you are ready. Stop fretting and get it over with. Your first time will not be great, it may very well hurt like heck. If your guy is young too, he won't know what he is doing either. But over time, maybe after you've done it 20 or 50 times, you'll get the hang of it.

If you are not having sex, you are not in love. If you broke up with someone, you are not in love. You have no idea what love is. You just think you do.

Let me tell you about a culture that will shed light on your problem. Chinese Indonesians have this funny way of courtship. They expect female fiances to be virgins on their wedding night. In the meantime, the men have other girlfriends they have sex with or regularly visit prostitutes. The point of the story is, that if you have a boyfriend who isn't getting sex from you, then he is probably getting it from someone else.

Dating is a competition. Why would a guy date a girl who refuses to have sex, when there are girls lining up who are eager to have sex?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no. I'm not getting screwed by someone who isn't with me and doesn't want to be with me for the long haul.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE